Collecting Personal Information
Personal information collected, stored and maintained by BDM consists of the following:
- Business contact details (names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, fax numbers), professional and business details as well as bank account details
- As part of our credit application process, we may also obtain and store information regarding:
- other financial information from financial institutions, information from regulatory bodies.
- Reports from providers of credit information and trade references.
- We may collect information such as names and contact details of persons who contact BDM with requests for information and/or queries, including through BDM’s website to respond to those requests for information and/or queries.
- We may collect information about applicants for employment with BDM including health information to assess those applications for employment. We may collect information about BDM’s employees and contractors relevant to their employment or contract with BDM to fulfil BDM’s responsibilities as an employer and contractor. Examples of information collected are Employee or Contractor name, address, licence, contact and emergency contact details and resumes, which are used as part of the recruitment process.
BDM may collect and use Personal Information, and share such information with its related companies, for the purpose of :
- processing Applications for Credit (including assessing the Applicant’s and any Individuals credit worthiness) and
- administering any account for commercial credit granted, inclusive of collecting payments due under the account and
- collect from and share with other organisations Personal Information in the manner specified below
- obtain a consumer credit report containing information about the Applicant or any Individual from a credit reporting agency for the purpose of assessing this Application and collecting overdue payments relating to commercial credit owed by the Applicant;
- exchange information about the Applicant and any Individual (including any information about credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy Act) with other credit providers:
- to administer BDM’s dealings and potential dealings with suppliers of products and services;
- to supply products and services;
- to process customer orders;
- to assess an Application by the Applicant for credit;
- to notify other credit providers of a default by the Applicant;
- to exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of any amounts owing under the Account where the Applicant is in default with other credit providers; and
- to assess the Applicant’s credit worthiness.
- to receive and process payments for the supply of products and services.
- contact the individual for direct marketing or other promotional purposes;
- BDM does not collect any personal information relating to religion, political opinions, sexual preferences, racial or ethnic background and criminal record.
Use & Disclosure of Information
Personal information collected by BDM is used for business purposes only. BDM will not rent, sell or trade any personal information. We will not disclose any personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you.
BDM will not otherwise use or disclose Personal Information unless permitted or required by the Privacy Act or any other law.
Personal information will be disclosed where the disclosure of the information is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. Examples of where the disclosure of this information is authorised are:
- You have consented either expressly or impliedly, to the disclosing of the information about you;
- Where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law;
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings;
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety; or
- Use or disclosure is required to investigate unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct.
BDM may give Personal Information about the Applicant and any Individual to a credit reporting agency in order to obtain a consumer credit report and to allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file. The information may include the following particulars:
- identity particulars;
- the fact that the Applicant has applied for credit and the amount;
- the fact that BDM is a current credit provider to the Applicant;
- payments which become overdue for more than 60 days, and for which collection action has been commenced;
- advice that payments are no longer overdue;
- that cheques drawn by the Applicant have been dishonoured more than once, or that court judgments or bankruptcy orders have been made against the Applicant; and
- in specified circumstances, that in the opinion of BDM, the Applicant has committed a serious credit infringement.
- to other service providers such as printers and mailing houses in connection with the purposes mentioned above.
Please do not hesitate to contact BDM for further information on which credit reporting bureau is being used for your account.
Marketing & Promotions
BDM conducts direct mailing communications using personal information collected. For those parties who do not wish to participate in direct mail communications, BDM must be notified in writing either by letter or e-mail. This notification must include name, address and contact details.
Security of Personal Information
Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure as well as to destroy or permanently de identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose. Nevertheless, the internet is not a secure environment. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We cannot warrant the security, integrity or privacy of personal information submitted to this web site www.bdmcreditmanagement.com.au. If you use the internet to send us any information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.
All personal information collected by BDM will be stored in a secure area with controlled access to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. Records containing personal information that are no longer required for business purposes or by law, will be destroyed by a secure means ie. shredding, pulping or disintegration of information.
Quality of Personal Information
BDM is committed to keeping accurate and complete personal information. BDM will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use or disclose is as accurate, complete and up to date as possible
BDM invites customers, contractors and employees to notify us (contact details below) when:
- Personal information stored is inaccurate; and/or
- When personal information changes;
BDM will take all reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Access to Personal Information
Personal information may be accessed upon request (contact details below) but only to the extent we are able by law, and are required under the National Privacy Principles. If we are unable to approve access, reasons for the inability to access the information will be provided. Where reasonable, consideration can be given to the use of an intermediary who would allow sufficient access to mutually satisfy our needs.
Should an individual wish to complain if he or she believes that BDM has interfered with his or her privacy, please notify us in writing (contact details below).
All complaints will be responded to in writing within 14 working days
This policy will be published on the BDM web site and will be accessible to all employees, customers, suppliers and contractors at any time. If BDM modifies this policy, changes will be published on web site, on the day the changes are made.
This information is current as at 6th January 2016. BDM Credit Management ABN 27 654 539 654.
If you believe the privacy of your personal information has been breached in any way, please notify us by:
Telephone 1300 164 192